Exotac nanoSTRIKER XL Steel Ferrocerium Rod Fire Starter
This tiny fire striker fits on a key ring or in a survival kit. It's waterproof and well-made to ensure there are hot sparks when you need them.
Before starting a fire outdoors, review Leave No Trace principles and safe extinguishing practices. Always check the land manager’s current regulations for information on where to build a fire, appropriate wood to use and potential burn bans.
- Anodized aluminum body.
- Replaceable ferrocerium rod works when wet and generates sparks at nearly 3000°C.
- Each rod provides more than 3000 strikes.
- Tungsten carbide striker is ultra-sharp and user resharpenable.
- Dimensions are 9.2 x 1cm.
- Includes key ring, wrist lanyard, and user manual.
- Striker handle is 46% bigger than on the original, making it easy to grip; 33% larger ferrocerium rod allows for more than 3,000 strikes, as compared to 1,000 on the original
- Ferrocerium rod stows inside the knurled body; unscrew the rod, flip it around and screw it back on and it's ready for use
- Rod works when dry or wet—simply scrape it with the tungsten carbide striker to send sparks flying; provides more than 3,000 strikes and can be replaced
- NanoStriker XL is 3.6 in. long when stowed and 4.2 in. long when in use
- O-rings keep moisture from getting inside and onto the striker and the rod
- Exotac NanoStriker XL™ firestarter includes a split ring for carrying keys, a lanyard, an extra set of O-rings and an instruction manual
- Aluminum/tungsten carbide
- 0.4 x 3.6 inches
- 0.9 ounce
- The rod has a protective coating from the factory, remove with a few scrapes of the striking tool before striking. When striking use moderate pressure and high speed when scraping rod.
What is included with your fire starting ferrocerium rod
- ferrocerium rod
- key ring
- wrist lanyard
- user manual.